[aw] finding comfort in the smallest spaces
[html]

It was impossible for the coywolf to hide her relief when Helotes assured her that his arm was only sprained. She was still honestly pissed off at him, but she didn’t want the top-ranking warrior of the pack out of commission or her friend hurt for a stupid reason. Their emotions might be muddled by alcohol now, but she didn’t want him to hate her when he sobered up.

“Sure, get the cute young blonde to look at that,” she teased, relaxing slightly.

When the man apologized, she frowned and scooted off his chest, sitting down in the grass. Her eyes lingered on the broken shards of the moonshine bottle somewhat mournfully; it’d take a hell of a lot of alcohol to forget that. His compliment surprised her, though, just because of how sincere it sounded.
Vesper looked at him, wondering, and decided she didn’t want to know the answer.

She found it easier to respond to his reassurance, a smile wobbling on her lips as she ran her fingers through the warm grass. “I just dunno what to do without making some corny romantic gesture,” she said. “I mean, we’re already kinda—together? But everyone else it’s just like I make them feel better and we’re happy and they go away because they’re strong and they don’t need me, but Myrika’s already strong even if she doesn’t know it, and she doesn’t need me, and I like that, but I’m scared.” Her speech came far from eloquently, but more or less she was able to get her thoughts across.

<style type="text/css">
.island-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#4c626b; text-shadow:#8b8886 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.island-fb b.npc {color:#777;}
.island-fb a {color:#444;}
.island-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.island-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #4c626b; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.island-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.island-fb {margin:0 auto; width:475px; background-color:#e5e0dc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qM3x2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8b8886; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b8886; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread