Warrior Princess
[html]

OOC: Someone's fiesty!

The air was a little chillier this day than the days past and the golden Epsilon took it as an omen. Today she was going to try something she hadn’t before. Today, she was going to demand something of her mate that she knew he wasn’t going to go for. In the days before the pack meeting, Augustus had confined Ciara to the den while he patrolled the borders on his own. After the pack meeting was no different, the beauty still found herself begrudgingly marching into the communal den, agreeing to stay there just to please her husband. Well, not today.

Today she waited until he was satisfied she would stay in her place and left to go to the borders again. For an hour or so she sat in the den fuming, muttering to herself about how she was an Epsilon too and it was her job just as much as his to guard the pack. If she wasn’t his mate, he’d respect her rank and not expect her to stay home all safe and cuddly. No, she knew it was because she was important to him, but her place in the pack was important to her and she was going to stand up to the behemoth and tell him right where to go.

She could tell by the position of the sun that a few hours had passed and Augustus would be well into his patrol, lulled into a sense of security that his mate was safe at home. She stood and exited the den, making pleasantries with her pack mates and shaking out her pristine golden coat. Her nose tipped to the wind then, and she inhaled deeply, catching Augustus’ scent and following it without another word to the other Dawners. It took her a little while to find him, but in time she spotted him sniffing at a scent marking, close to the woods that would lead to the ocean.

The hint of saltiness in the air gave her courage as she bounded down the small crest and towards him, her ears pushed forward and tail lifted high enough to display her rank. It wasn’t necessary for her to posture with Augustus normally, as he was both her mate and her pack equal, but the golden girl was going to prove a point today. As she approached him she sounded out a firm bark to alert him that she was there, and to get all of his attention. When his eyes turned on her she wavered for a split second, then planted her paws on the ground and took on an expression that was both adorably concentrated and menacing.

“Augustus, I refuse to wait around in the den for something to happen. It is my job to patrol the lands and defend the pack just as much as it is yours, and I will not sit by, not doing my job because my mate wants to coddle and protect me,” she said, her voice firm and clearly agitated. There had been times over the past week where she’d gone to protest her confinement, but he always managed to make her agree just by his stern look. Yes, authoritative Augustus was sexy Augustus and did things to her she couldn’t explain, but this time she refused to let it work. “I am going to patrol with you, and I’m even going to patrol on my own, and you are not going to complain.”

<style type="text/css">
.eciara b {font-weight:bold; color:#4f5253; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #909097;}
.eciara .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center;}
.eciara p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px 0px;}
.eciara {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#d2d2dc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fqYoC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #909097; padding:405px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#909097; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; border-radius:15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread