summer solace
[html]
(427) Anyone else is free to join in after this post, so don't be afraid to jump in if you haven't already! Big Grin You can assume that Alyssum addressed them as well when she spoke. I'll post once more in five days, and the actual action can begin!

It was a couple of minutes until the first wolf appeared--the woman smiled brightly at Hadley as he sat down near her, and gave a silent nod of her head in greetings. She stood quietly as more of her pack members shuffled in, occasionally flashing a friendly grin whenever another came from the trees. She recognized Jazper as he entered the group, more by his size than any other factor, and gave a respectable a dip of her head to the Sole, but otherwise kept her somewhat authoritative posture. The woman was glad that he could make it, and while she was pleased that the Alpha was present for the hunt so that she and her pack mates could display their skills, she was more happy for his company than anything else.

Once it seemed that the last wolf came that would be attending, she rose to her full height and waited a moment as some of canine spoke one another. She noted some tension between an unfamiliar male and Hadley, but was relieved when the Knight stood near the quiet man, and hoped that the man they called Roath would not cause any more disturbances.

When they became quiet and the attention turned to her, she spoke clearly, though she did not lack any of her kind charm,"Greetings, my friends. I have gathered you here so that we may take an opportunity that has been granted to us: a large herd of deer has come through the territory yesterday, and have rested overnight in our lands. They are unsuspecting, and it is the prefect chance to take one down." She paused momentarily as she gestured to Jazper, Hadley, and herself, and continued, "We shall alert the herd, and push them towards their left flank, where all of you--" She moved her hands to Aro, his friend, and Sidra. "--shall be waiting. We will be targeting a large stag; he is old with age, slow, but experienced for sure. I caution you all to be careful, but together we should be able to take him down smoothly.

"If you don't have any questions, let's get into position before they get on the move." With that, she stepped silently through the trees, and minutes later stood in the prime place to oppress the herd. She waited another moment so that the others on the other flank could get prepared, and glanced at her own in a quiet, questioning gaze, her tail beating behind her fiercely. When they and the others were ready, then the hunt can begin.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread