Night's Calling
[html]

Alastar
One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams.

OOC Text:

Word Count: 514

Alastar, at first bewildered by the pair's Optime forms, stared in awe. It took her a moment but their words then registered, and she wriggled out from the little tree hole she was in. The smaller canine form spoke, and Alastar liked her voice. It was kind. The pup noticed that, though she could shift, Anna was closer to her size. Perhaps Anna was closer to her age, too.

Huh, is been a long time since I saw some 'un shift, maybe...two, three weeks, I los' count. I's not good at countin'. Anyway, is nice to meet ya both...Mah name's Alastar. The wolf-dog pup suddenly felt tired again, but fought the fatigue and forced herself to touch her nose to Anna's foreleg. Wasn't really scared of ya gonna hurtin' me, an' I just met another wolf today too, but ya never know! Crazy peoples' in the woods sometimes. She giggled a little, then sat down, observing the two. Thana was quite obviously older than Anna or herself, being the little one's mother. Alastar's tail thumped and she smiled. Whatcha two doin' here?

Alastar let out another yawn, then stood up to stretch. She shook her fur out and whined softly, feeling her muscles wake up again. They tensed when she hid, and she had almost fallen asleep. As she let her golden eyes continue to watch the two, she noticed that they had things she'd never seen before. In fact, not even her Luperci parents had stuff like that. When Anna had disrobed and disarmed herself, Alastar saw; perhaps they were these clothes that Alastar's parents spoke of sometimes. Alastar never had clothes, nor did her parents. They felt as though wolves, even Luperci, should keep their bodies natural, and free of worldly material. They only fought using their body, as well. Were some of their things weapons? Alastar wondered, and wound up unknowingly starting at the pile of supplies Anna had set down. It intrigued her. She wondered would she ever be able to use them. Her parents would have never let her. Let alone let her fight. Brogan, her brother, was learning from her father...but Alastar was a female. A girl. She was expected to be a craftsmaker, at least, that is what her mother told her, in front of her father...To make things, such as baskets, and pouches, to hold food, and store it. To cook the meat on fires, and to take care of animal hides for blankets, decoration, and other rituals.

But these two wolves had things Alastar wanted to learn about. From her mother, Alastar learned some wolves could... read. It was like storytelling time, only written in symbols on paper. This intrigued Alastar even more, because she loved the stories. Breaking her stare, and feeling a bit embarrassed for having looked so long, she glanced up at Thana, who was seemingly in charge. She quickly racked her tired brain for something to say. Uh...My bud Mato says that wild cats live further up north, an' hunt at night'. Yer not gonna go up der now, are ya?"

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one, but both of us.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread