plucking strings and broken wings
[html]

307 Lots of them are mine O_O

Myrika is by me!

The hybrid listened with mounting interest as the feline contrasted coyotes from wolves and even went so far as to describe behavior of species she'd never even thought about -- foxes and badgers, for one. She wondered about bears and cougars, and even more exotic creatures like monkeys and cobra snakes, which she knew only from stories. Horses, too. Prey animals in general, I mean -- they're so very skittish, but even we Luperci, who used to eat them, are learning to work with them. There's a reason the humans called them useful, after all. She smiled, but again the troubling thought came.

Do you think -- well, she stopped. If you were a cat that couldn't speak like you do, a cat that couldn't hold a conversation, I mean. Would you resent a Luperci giving you a place to live? I mean, she lowered her eyes, folding her ears back. I don't keep him with me, and if he left I wouldn't bring him back. And I guess I never thought of him as a pet -- I don't have any of those. My horses are my friends, and my donkey -- well, I guess he's a friend, too, no matter what an ass he is. There was a weak grin at her lame joke, but the apprehensiveness had returned.

Morcant is -- like a partner, I guess. He keeps the rats and other little pests out of my stables. I leave him food and I'd protect him, if anyone tried to hurt him. She'd been trying to make friends, too -- no matter how slowly it was going. She suspected the cat would never be one to climb into her lap and begin purring, but perhaps she could at least get him to tolerate her presence by plying him with food.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread