that smile behind iron bars
[html]

The tawny-furred Lykoi very much expected the Aquila to look upon him with great distaste, disgust or perhaps cool anger. Since commuting such an act was, to be truthful, wrong. He had a mate, and so did Io. It didn't work, and now corruption was to come. But it seemed that his expectations didn't come as he thought they would, instead the Aquila's soft understanding surprised him. His ears lifted, shock written lightly over his features. This was not what the man felt likely, but perhaps he had misjudged Myrika in a sense. But the talk of grandchildren had his tail softly brushing the ground beneath them, thinking kindly of his own grandmother.

After Myri spoke, his mood lightened just a bit. And soon, his accented drawl came to reply "I don't know how long it'll be...Perhaps a year, maybe less. But around that..." He sighed, thinking of the trek to the Tribe so far south. "She's in AniWaya, her name's Io Berlin. She told me she used to reside here in the clan..." It was going to take a few days to get there, especially without a good horse. No way was he going to ask Omni for hers, as they seemed to be on too much of shaky earth at the moment.

The Lykoi leaned back some, arms that were once protectively huddled around his form, dropping to his sides for support. It was nice that it worked this way, that he would be allowed to stay. His tall chocolatey ears perked as she asked of his acts, if they were punishable of exile. He scratched his neck nervously but thoughtfully, not in any way obliged to cover the truth from his cousin. "I don't know--She has a mate, and I had one...I don't think some of AniWaya are gonna take that too well. But I didn't--You know, uh--Hurt her or do anything she didn't want." Awkwardly Jac turned his orange stare down, skin blazing underneath the fur on his face. "I never wanted to abandon them, the kids. When Io visited her to tell me she was carrying children, I didn't want to leave them behind. Wouldn't be fair."

Word Count → 000

<style>
.lacinto {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZzI13.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#100000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; color:#998c82; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #000;}
.lacinto b {color:#732100; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lacinto p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.lacinto p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #732100; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.lacinto .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px;  text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread