Trust is hard to come by.
Sidra was cleaning her fur when he finally got the courage to start talking. It was actually deflating really. He'd gathered all his courage to approach her and try and do something, only to have his efforts brushed off as nothing. She wasn't even looking at him! Ears flat on his head Hadley sighed, wishing that she hadn't joined the pack. Surely there was another group of people out there that she could bother. A group that had nothing to do with him, so he could keep his friends safe and as far from this terrifying lady as possible.

She had a point. He had to get over this. Actually look at her, instead of anywhere else. He looked briefly in her eyes, suddenly hit on the back. Eyes bulging he took in a deep breath of air. It was only the muscle mass that he bore that prevented him from having the wind knocked out of him. She was still trying to kill him! The fact that she was laughing over it didn't help, besides informing him that he was deeply wrong in the assumption. It was just easier to believe that she was an evil entity, than accept that she was here to stay.

He nodded his head, bearing a grimaced smile as he tried to get along. Was surprising. Who would have thought it would happen? Asked about his life Hadley glanced over in surprise. Hadn't thought she would bother asking. I work as a carver. If someone needs furniture, or repairs, I help with it. I fix things. I spend time with my mate.

Messages In This Thread