tea leaves
[html]

WC:: 6+ OOC:: RL has been depressing, but I really need to get some writing motivation back, so I’m forcing myself to write. Multiples are welcome! Drin still hasn’t met everyone in the pack so if I haven’t had a thread with you, please feel free to join. I do not bite and I tend to respond quickly. Early afternoon and set for the day after the pack meeting.

Zalen’s news didn’t come as a surprise to the golden beauty. The grains of sand in Amy’s hourglass were running out, by year’s end she too would join the spirits in the afterworld and New Dawn would have its revenge. Not that the blonde dog deserved death, such a final and scary thing, but who was Palaydrian to ask they draw it out, make her beg for her life and mercy before they snuffed it out? Sickening thoughts had plagued the young woman’s mind ever since bloodlust entered her veins. She knew nothing of this Amy character except that she had attacked and even stolen a precious child from two women the Omega had come to love as friends and sisters. She could not idly stand aside and look into the grief stricken faces of her pack members...no, they were calling for blood, they called for absolution, and they wanted the trader dead. She like many others in the ranks hoped for the worst for this devilish woman, but what was that turning them into? Sadists maybe? But they needed their pound of flesh, not like it would reverse time or take back the evil that had already been done, but a single act of violence to end a lifetime of violence seemed justifiable right?

Palaydrian couldn’t speak for her brothers and sisters that day, but she had left the pack meeting more conflicted than ever. Death seemed too merciful as Drin wanted her to be tortured...the angel was becoming tainted. She tossed and turned all night, fighting off Aram and Amy and all other forms of darkness in her dreams and by daybreak, the sleep deprived woman left for her garden and the council of Zalia. The Harrier said the wolves were becoming too human, that’d they’d be the death of their own civilization one day, “just you wait.” The healing bird’s words of “comfort” did nothing but tie the Omega’s stomach up in knots. She quickly left the garden with the infusion she had been brewing in the water skins Niro had taught her make and a large snapping turtle’s shell beneath her muscled arm. If anyone felt like she, battling an inner war with themselves, she figured now was a good time as any to share the power of tea and to invite others to vent. Talking and listening could unburden a heart, games could come later when the heart of New Dawn lifted once more.

The bags of chamomile, mint, and rose oil tea sloshed against the optime’s legs in their water skins, she didn’t know what her brothers and sisters would think of her as she arrived back at the den with the large hollowed out shell beneath her arm and the bags slung over her shoulders, but hopefully soon enough they’d understand. Drin immediately went to work underneath “her” tree beside the den entrance. Placing the shell so its sides curved upward to create a large bowl or basin, Palaydrian upended the water skins into the shell and stirred the clear amber concoction with a smoothed stick she had tried to fashion into a ladle. The tea swirled about in the turtle’s shell and once the stick was removed a few leaves gathered at the bottom. The tea was cool now, just as Palaydrian wanted it as she removed a few chamomile flowers from her satchel and placed them on the surface of the infusion. It was a calming mixture, meant to relax those willing to drink it and wishing to speak their minds. Drin turned her eyes back to the den entrance and within a few minutes shifted back to her natural state. She stood on her four legs, and sang out to her family, a light hearted song inviting them to come, drink, speak, and listen.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread