tea leaves
[html]

WC:: 9+ OOC:: Little back history on why Drin’s the way she is.

How wonderful it was to be surrounded by family that sincerely cared for her. Not blood brothers and sisters, but close enough, they were pack. She loved their faces all the same, this was something that had been ingrained in her since birth. Palaydrian and her family had been treated unfairly in the pack she had grown up in, but there were a few sensible minds within Maric’s hold that respected her father enough to extend their favor and acceptance to the rest of his family. Though her father held a high rank and had a strong voice on the council, their prejudice against her family’s “dirty” luperci blood ran deep within their veins. It was a way of life for them, and in turn, the mistreatment and outright violence towards the Darkfire/Rilyn brood became an accepted practice, but Izrian’s offspring were taught to love their pack brothers and sisters nonetheless. She had been taught the same thing growing up under Fawn’s household, though her father had paid the price in blood. Syliat of course rejected the confines of the new pack and hadn’t stuck around, but Fawn stayed as a beacon of light and goodness for her children even though she was wrongly widowed. Izrian had been taught that they were fortunate enough to be given shelter and protection within the lands, and that their pride simply needed to be swallowed.

This was a concept Palaydrian had taken to heart at a young age. Her brothers had the hardest time going along with the pack norm and were to be punished publicly at a young age for a child’s play misunderstanding. A pup within the pack had literally cried “wolf” on them and though her story was an outrageous lie, they decided to make an example of the two for having the audacity of fighting back and arguing the case. There was nothing their father could do once the council overruled him, but Palaydrian stepped in and wordlessly took the place of her brothers before they were forced into position. This had been the first sacrifice of many she would make for her family and loved ones, throwing off pride in exchange for humiliation. She stood on the mound of fire ants that day, not daring to scream out as the insects mercilessly attacked her little body, and remained standing well after the crowd of onlookers had dispersed. Syliat tended to her swollen body that night, frankly amazed that the ant toxin hadn’t killed her, but this was how the golden girl’s brothers figured out that silence and complacency would go rewarded if they kept their maws shut. And so, the bleeding heart was born, a crusader for those without a voice of their own or who had met some unjust punishment.

Jazper...y-yes, he...he showed us around, Palaydrian replied as her eyes cleared from her daydream. Lost myself there for a second... she thought to herself before turning a friendly smile back on Ciara and Noah. Ciara was assuring the man that they both could relax around her and Drin turned her eyes back to the tea. New Dawn was so different from where she had come from, here tradition was meant to blossom not suffocate as it had back home. She gave a soft laugh in response, not wanting to seem rude for checking out momentarily. A genuine smile spread on her lips as her cheeks filled with warmth, she lifted her head to conspiratorial glance at Ciara before turning back to the silver male. We should ask the same of you too, no? They could all dance around the sexuality of the pack all day, it wasn’t a secret that the women of New Dawn were blooming this season and their mates would consummate what was theirs. It was something to celebrate, the fertility of their family would guarantee new blood and even stronger bonds for the future as offspring of one family would most likely marry into another within the pack. Her cheeky smile faded into one of contentment as her sister and brother joined her by the overturned shell and began investigating its contents.

A whine of happiness escaped her lips as they both tentatively at first but more eagerly lapped at the tea once they had tasted it. I’m so happy you two like it, I’ve been meaning to ask the alphas about establishing trade routes... she paused here, the pack was definitely married with the traditional ways and this was a semi foreign concept. My garden is flourishing and after sharing it with everyone here, I still have so much left to give, she explained. Speaking of which, I have a few herbs for you back at my garden Noah that I believe will aid with your healing skills, she mused before continuing on. Anyway...I know with everything going on, now is not the time to be roaming the countryside with Amy at large, but I believe establishing a trade route eventually to some of the neighboring friendly packs, could only bolster our strength and offer us allies if needed, she looked for their reactions before taking a drink herself. She had plans of trading herbs and and the vegetables she grew in exchange for anything natural the other packs could offer. If nothing could be traded in exchange (she knew humanized things were generally frowned upon) then a simple gift from her garden could represent the extension of friendship New Dawn sent forth.

Table Credit to Cait and Code Credit to Mel <3.

<style type="text/css">
#plyarin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#plyarin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#plyarin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#plyarin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#plyarin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#plyarin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:95%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PsPWu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 103px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread