have at thee, brother
[html]

/pretends this isn't horribly late

Word Count → 477

Hati watched wordlessly as Skoll vented his fierce energy on the target. He looked... strong. Capable. His feral mane lent him the masculine appearance of a beast, not the civilized and meticulously groomed look Hati sported. It made him feel strange to see Skoll this way; there was a twisting in his stomach that he could not describe. Jealousy? Fear? Rivalry? As he gazed on, his brother dropped his fists and turned to stare back at him, an unkind grin twisting its way onto his handsome muzzle. Hati could never hold Skoll's gaze for long, those vivid green irises mirroring their kingly father. He stepped evenly forward, closing the distance between them. Neither of them spoke a greeting; it wasn't needed. They merely sized each other up, testing their scent, measuring their height, a ritual of manhood that Hati had never experienced before. He was sure he fell short in comparison.

Hati was expressionless, donning the calm mask of polite indifference he wore before those older or of a higher rank than he was. There was electric tension between them, and he could not react to it, did not want to show how nervous Skoll's energy was making him. Had they been pups again, he would expect to be pounced upon, and wrestled to the ground amid a flurry of squeaking growls. This was something new, and far darker than he was accustomed to. Instinct made him want to acquiesce to his dominant brother now and save himself possible humiliation later, but the newfound confidence in himself rebelled against that thought, wanting him to stand his ground for once.

His plumed tail stilled as he regarded the battered target, seeing the raw power that his brother was channeling scarred deep into the wood. "It's not really my thing, frère. You're welcome to continue training, though, if I'm not disturbing you..." He spoke coolly, though inwardly he was tense as a coiled spring, waiting for Skoll's response. Skoll did not like to be denied. Was this his passive way of pushing back? He had never had the courage to try it before. "I'm just taking a break from working at the stables. I've been learning so much about the horses... you should really stop by more, if you're not too busy with this." He chanced a glance back to his brother, suddenly curious to see if he would react. He had never voiced his envy of Hwin aloud, although the way Skoll boasted and bragged about his mare and the adventures he had with her, it seemed sometimes that his brother needled him on purpose. No one could be that oblivious. Now there was something shifting between them, and Skoll had more important things to do than read his storybooks and ride his horse every day. His priorities were different. Perhaps Hati could sting him for once.

<style>
.razti-03 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ETEHb.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#465177; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:335px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1d2131; font-family:times serif; font-size:15px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #1d2131;}
.razti-03 b {color:#aeacae; text-shadow:#1d2131 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razti-03 p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.razti-03 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.razti-03 .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #aeacae; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; font-size:11px;}

</style>
Table by Raze!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread