have at thee, brother
[html]

The expressionless front his brother put up displeased the sun prince, whose own features twisted subtly in frustration. He was a beast of volatile emotion, action, not one to hide behind a cool shield, and he didn’t expect others to treat him that way, either. If his mind twisted the scenario just a bit, he could believe that his brother thought himself above Skoll, and above emotion.
His lips twitched, but there was childish distress behind the burning of his green eyes. He didn’t want to be cruel like this, but he’d come to the point of no return, and he needed to test his dominance.

He had expected for Hati to get uncomfortable at his challenge, to show some submission to the more muscular boy, but the dark wolfdog only declined coolly. While not appearing dominant or challenging, there was a passive confidence about him, and the alpha in Skoll did not like it to be there.

“Too bad,” the golden-furred male said, shrugging a shoulder then grinning almost like normal. “You could use some buffing up. You look like a girl.”

When the Catori teenager pointed out how he helped around the stables, while implying that his brother should be there more, Skoll snorted. It was a childish action, a desperate denial that the suggestion bothered him, but his eyes betrayed his true anger well enough.

“I come by the stables often enough, but… I’m high ranked in the cavalry. I need to work on this”—he gestured toward the wooden dummy—“so I can advance higher and actually do something to protect our pack and family.”

Word Count → 269

<3 And this is quick and crappy 'cause I gotta go. D:

<style>
.fightskol {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QxrXA.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; color:#9fa978; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:5px solid #fff;}
.fightskol b {color:#80842f; font-weight:normal;}
.fightskol p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.fightskol p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #80842f; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.fightskol .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread