have at thee, brother
[html]

<33!

Word Count → 463

Both princes were intentionally cruel to each other, without fully understanding why they wanted to, or where it was leading them. Hati's brand was more subtle, but increasingly venomous as he felt the need to defend himself. He could see the burning in those glaring green eyes, and knew he had struck a nerve already. He would have proudly apologized if Skoll admitted he was upset, but instead was met with an unexpected retort. "I look like... a girl?" he repeated, amused albeit slightly crestfallen. He knew he would never have the muscular frame of their father, the powerful build that Skoll was filling into, but he had never been called feminine before. "It's just good grooming, brother of mine. You could try it sometime, maybe trim the feral rat's nest..." He gestured vaguely toward Skoll's wild blond mane, feigning disdain for the apparent lack of hygiene. He didn't really look like a girl, did he? He knew he shouldn't take everything so personally, but he valued his brother's opinion...

Skoll pulled rank, of course, and Hati's ears flattened back against his dark mane. His slower pace was obvious when it came to his middling position in the hierarchy; he was just uncomfortable with rushing into responsibility, and preferred to ease into it to be sure he could handle it all. He was young and inexperienced, and did not want to disappoint the older and more important packmates around him by failing at anything. Nor did he want to be mocked for this, for he was sensitive about what he saw as his greatest shortcoming. Skoll was such a natural, showered in promotions and honors and attention, given everything he wanted.

Hati's calm mask was beginning to slip, his lips pressed into a tight line. And how dare he imply that his path is more important than mine, he thought with a flare of anger. He had never been openly goaded like this, and his sensitive ego was easily bruised. "Yes, you'll always be able to protect the pack from wooden dolls," he murmured softly. The ire and resentment laced his voice, his tone deceptively growing quieter the more angry he felt. "I'd rather focus my time on something useful, like the stables our kingdom is famous for..." Their thin pretense of friendly banter was disintegrating, and Hati coldly regarded his brother, waiting for his inevitable temper tantrum. The sun prince was more volatile, unable to control his emotions like the moon prince. Hati did not want to admit that he was close to snapping as well, the tension gathering deep in his core. He did not like conflict, especially not within his family, but there was a growing need for him to vent the frustration he felt at never being good enough.

<style>
.razti-03 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ETEHb.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#465177; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:335px 0px 5px 0px; color:#1d2131; font-family:times serif; font-size:15px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #1d2131;}
.razti-03 b {color:#aeacae; text-shadow:#1d2131 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razti-03 p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.razti-03 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px;}
.razti-03 .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #aeacae; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; font-size:11px;}

</style>
Table by Raze!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread