The Fall of a Comrade
[html]
(473)

When she heard the news, Alyssum was more or less numb. While she did not know the man, her heart went out to those who did. But, when she discovered that the man was Adelle's grandfather, she became more saddened, but the sympathy was a familiar feeling. She experienced many deaths, yet none of the struck her personally, and felt it rude and unnecessary to grief over one she did not know well. Thus, whatever pity she felt, she kept to herself; everyone knew that every other was terribly sorry for what happened, and there was no need for her to announce the obvious to anyone.

She was near the courthouse in the gardens, picking out a stone. They had a small pile of them, and decided it'd be nice to pick out a rock from some place peaceful in hopes it would help carry over the spirit the same way. She had plucked a suitable size a few minutes before Jazper called forth everyone, and made her way to where it sounded quickly. She was not one of the first to come, but rather easily mixed in with others that just entered as well. She glanced over at the Sole, trying to meet his eyes if but for a moment, and looked back down at her feet as the rest of the pack filed in.

She listened quietly as Jazper went on without his usual gusto, which made her feel even more worse about the entire situation. She became a little curious when he mentioned his son, but gave no sign of true interest. She heard rumors that it was the Knight's boy that had hurt the old warrior, but she never really saw it as inentional fowl play. Nevertheless, she trusted Jazper's judgement, and knew that he knew what to do.

She looked up when the Sole announced that it was time to place the stones. She waited as a few placed their rocks into place, and when it was her turn, she set down the rock and stared at the blanketed body. So... I guess this is goodbye? she thought awkwardly, mentally speaking to the still man. Um...yeah, I heard a lot of great things about you. I heard you were a great warrior... I hope that Adelle will cope soon. She really misses you, a lot. Bitting her lower lip, she dipped her head to the man for the first and last time. I hope you go to Elysium. With that, she stepped away from the site and melted back into the crowd. When she began to rub her face, she realized that her eyes were slightly wet. She had a one sided conversation with a dead warrior, yet she felt like he knew him a little just by thinking to him. Or maybe she was too emotional.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread