Ping
[html]
(443)

"You talk about being deaf as if it was a bad thing," he called back as he gathered his things in his room, though he kept it hushed enough not to disturb his mother. As he stepped out of the window and climbed up with the grace of a three-legged badger, he continued to say with a grin, though it was somewhat worried by the climb, "If I couldn't hear, then I would not have to listen to you, would I?" When he pulled himself up onto the roof, his smile became the usual slyness to show that he was not being serious.

He rolled his eyes at her words, but his smile became less playful and more gentle. He glanced up at the sky, and had to admit the sky was clear and lacked the usual cloud cover, and the stars he saw through a little square that was his window expanded across the sky. He took it all in for a moment, but he looked away as he dug through the bag he brought up for one of the books. "And we just had to do this on my roof because? he asked with a hint of humor as he pulled out a book and began to thread through the pages for a certain page that showed some information about the stars. He was actually curious as to why she had the idea to do this on top of the house, and wondered if it was just some weird quirk about her, climbing other's houses.

The man paused for a moment as Eclipse spoke of her mother, and was lost for words for a moment. Silence brewed for a few seconds, but he finally asked with a hint of quietness in his voice as he continued to flip the pages of the book, "You miss her, don't you?" She spoke of her as if she missed her, he assumed. He knew the feeling, and could recognized it in others. He was not pressing for a reply, nor did he meet her gaze to show that she did not have to answer him if she didn't want to.

A minute passed, and he suddenly pointed at the sky with a single finger while the other hand gripped the book. "I found one!" he whispered loudly, and looked back down to the book to read more about the constellation he found. "Its called... Ophiuchus," he stated after re-reading the name to make sure it was right, "or otherwise called Snake-bearer." He looked away from the book to the sky to look at the stars, trying to imagine a figure grappling with a serpent.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread