Ping
[html]
(426)

"I don't think its that terrible, really, being deaf." After he got himself comfortable, crossing his legs over one another and placing the books beside him, he explained himself more thoroughly and seriously. "There was once a saying that silence can speak the loudest words. If someone was deaf, would you think they could 'hear' more than anyone else?" He mused quietly as he mulled over what he said. If such a thing was true, it'd be a tragic lost; one who could not hear could not speak neither, and whatever they learned from the silence would be forsaken. Their knowledge would die silently with them if they could not pass it on. Robert looked back at Eclipse and flashed a meek grin, as if to apologize for his philosophical moment. She dragged him up there to see the stars, not for him to wonder aloud about deafness.

"I supposed not," he quietly agreed to both of hers statements, much to his distaste. He guess it was better to be on his roof than someone else's, or in a dark clearing for that matter. The street was not as bad sounding as the other options, but it was too late to suggest climbing down. It seemed pointless then now that they were up there. But, Robert thought it was not as bad as he thought it would be.

He looked back at her when she answered him, and even when she turned her gaze away from the sky and hung her head, he continued to watch her. He finally looked away after a moment and looked up at the sky. He did not speak further about the matter then, but he hoped that she could tell that his lack of respond told her that he understood. He did not sympathize, but empathized--he went through what she had as well. Yet, he was too weak to verbally admit it, unlike her. It was as if he spoke about his father and brother, he would be facing a fact that he did not want to come to. It was childish, but he thought it was better that way.

But, the star gazing helped him forget. He looked over the page quickly, but shook his head. "The rest they show for that is a bunch of letters and numbers... I don't know what they mean." He looked back up at the sky, trying to find the constellations she listed. "What kind of stories?" he asked, mildly curious about what she knew about the groups of stars she spoke of.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread