Ping
[html]
(315)

He looked away from the book and to the sky as she explained how horrible deafness could be. All she said was, of course, true. He could not argue with her the dire side effects that the silence could induce. "Blindness is worse than deafness in my opinion. Images fade from mind, and they are hard to cling to. But sound... If I lost my hearing right now, I think I'll be able to remember my mother's voice, your voice, the bird's song, until the day when its my time to go." To him, it was not the most terrible card that can be dealt in life. "It'd make you remember, treasure, the things we'd take for granted. It is not all that great of a fate... but it could be worse, right? Almost like a gift wrapped in thorns; if you can open it, you'll be able to see the upside."

Robert wished he could comfort her, but he knew it'd be best not to say anything. He did not like it when others apologized unneededly, either. All he could do was sit there silently, hope that it spoke enough to Eclipse.

He listened to the tale she woved, and about the middle of the story he found the stars that she talked about. He stared at the littler bear with the long tail, and tried to imagine a young Luperci, and the same for the larger bear with a wolfish female. Like always; he lacked imagination, and found her tale more unusual than baffling. "Are the rest of the stars lovers and their sons? Or do they have different stories, too?" he asked as he laid down on his back with his arms pillowing his head, the book splayed open on his chest. He looked up at her, and wondered if her mother told her more stories, like about Draco or the Snake-bearer.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread