I want a lover I dont have to love
Gabe did it. Of course. "I am sorry, Deuce. I need to learn how to behave. " Deuce chuckeled softly, though she was still worried about him. "Well mannered men rarely make history," she deliberately misquoted something she'd read once in a book somewhere. "And besides, why behave, when by getting hurt you get to see me again?" She reached into her back and pulled out some powdered yarrow and another small bottle of Valerian. She sprinkled the yarrow on some of the more shallow wounds to help clot the blood. The Valerian she put in a cup and added a little bit of water.

"Drink, my friend. This will help relax you and take some of the pain away." She held the cup to his lips, and added in a conspiritorial whisper, "I have some whiskey at my house when you are ready to let me help you there." Though her tone was light, her vocals were thickening with the Irish accent that mostly cropped up when she was angry, scared, or worried, giving her words a soft, musical lilt. She stroked his blood soaked mane out of his face, using another cloth to begin cleaning it.

Messages In This Thread