[aw] Pockets full of stone
[html]
room for one, they're on the borders, though just a bit outside of them. I'd like for them to get passage through Vinatta to the other side.
wordcount ► 352

Golden limbs fell over themselves as they tumbled on the edge of the lake. The golden pup yipped as she pulled up mud with her paws. The sound of splashes echoed across the still lake, leaving ripples racing across the surface of the water. The female pup dunked under the water and came up moments later soaked in water and paws dripping mud. She yelped at mud, laughing as it splattered on her golden muzzle. Spinning around, the golden girl beamed at her father. "It's muddy, daddy!" she exclaimed, climbing up the small bank to lope in her awkward puppy gait at the man sitting against a tree. Her dirty paws pressed against his leg and he opened his eyes to peer down at the girl who looked so much like his sister that he could hardly see her dark father in her.

"Yes, it is, carassimi," he said gently, scooping her up in his large arms and holding her dirty paws away from his scarred chest. "Now why did you have to get me dirty?" She laughed at him as he rose from against the tree, flailing her limbs in a concentrated effort to flick dirty mud from her paws at him. She made little grunts of exertion as he carried her light little body away. "Noooo!" she shrieked as the man raced into the lake, jumping from the edge and landing with the water at his knees. Yvette flailed again, shrieking and laughing as she fought to escape her uncle's grip as he waded further into the water. When it was up to his waist he dunked down and held his wriggling niece into the water. "Dirty puppies need baths!"

Yvette wriggled out of the golden man's grasp, swimming to the muddy shore. "No baths for me!" cried the golden pup, paddling as best as she could in the deeper water. Gale turned and started to follow her, knees and arms deep in the muck. "I'm going to get you. I'm a caetus! I'm hungry!" He growled lightly, baring his teeth in a grin.

Images credited to Jason Pier. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_01 {padding:5px 0px 265px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Rtaz4.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #1c9adf; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px; line-height:12px;}
.gale_01 .inner {margin:0 20px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.gale_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#075fac; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_01 .wc {color:#9fd2eb; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#2cb6e5;}
.gale_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fd2eb;}
p.gale01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread