[aw] Pockets full of stone
[html]
Have a Niernan. 5 points for AW + 3 / 364

Niernans patrol had been little more than a stroll around the borders, the day was fine and he had dismissed his brother, sending the caramel man back to the village to get some rest. He plodded on towards the lake, hoping to paddle his paws for a bit, maybe gaining a little time to himself for once. It wasn't long before the sparkling surface of the lake came into view, but along with the sight of the lake came the scent of a pack member and two strangers. Panic flared within him as he recognised the pack scent; that of their youngest member, Sura. He sped forwards, his paws eating up the ground between him and the puppy.

He burst into the open space between the lake and the treeline, his cerulean eyes immediately taking in the situation. It seemed Sura was half playing, half chatting with the strangers. One of them was a pup a bit older than the little border collie, the other a golden furred man. Niernan stood upright, his ears flicked forwards and his tail held slightly upright. He diverted his gaze from the man for the moment and turned to his packs resident trouble maker, Sura. You know you shouldn't come to the borders alone. Everyone will be worried sick about you. How do you think Hael is feeling about you going missing, hmm? He asked, his eyes full of adult authority. He knelt down beside the pup, hoping that the unpredictable Aeska wouldn't run off or do something equally daft, I thought you were going to be a good girl and do as you were told? He half asked, half reminded. He sighed, realising that any control he had on the pup would be hard won.

He straightened after a moment beside his pack member, his gaze drifting back to the stranger. He bowed his head slightly in greeting, launching straight into giving his name, I'm Niernan Stormbringer, you have reached the lands of Vinatta. How can I help you? He was polite but still more than a little bit wary, it still hadn't been that long since the attack on Colibri and his nerves were still on high alert.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread