[aw] Pockets full of stone
[html]
yay! Big Grin thanks Sura <3
wordcount ► 325

Before they could talk more with the pup, another scent approached. Gale looked up with his pale eyes and almost breathed a sigh of relief from the sight of an adult. He approached the bank of the lake, mud squelching underneath his toes. He stood, dripping with water, on the dry bank with the golden pup pressing back against his wet legs. Her small body wrapped around the back of his legs, as she hid at the sight of another man, an unknown man. So far, her education against the wiles of men had not yet begun but she was careful no matter what. With anyone who her 'father' approved of, the boisterous pup was an energetic ball, but with strangers, she was entirely withdrawn from everyone.

The stranger lectured the even stranger pup, and Yvette watched the hybrid pup turn tail and return to the interior of the pack. Her ears were flat as she looked up at her 'father', wondering when the next time would be where should see another kid her age. He felt bad, certainly, for not having any playmates for the girl to play with, but it was hardly his fault. No, it was entirely his fault, and it hurt to know he was isolating his sister's last daughter. "I am Gale." He looked down at his niece, huddled against his leg. "Just Gale. This is my daughter, Yvette," he said through his strangely heavy accent, a mixture of Italian, English, and something else with an ancient flavor.

"We're stuck," he said, gesturing around him. "Lake here and another pack to the north, with a mountain beyond them, from what I was told. Freetown did not tell me there would be packs here. We're trying to get around to the other side. May we get passage through?" he asked humbly, bobbing his head at the other man. Yvette mimicked his movement and bobbed her large head down.

Images credited to Jason Pier. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_01 {padding:5px 0px 265px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Rtaz4.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #1c9adf; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px; line-height:12px;}
.gale_01 .inner {margin:0 20px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.gale_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#075fac; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_01 .wc {color:#9fd2eb; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#2cb6e5;}
.gale_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fd2eb;}
p.gale01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread