put a little love into my lonely soul.
[html]

Medusa stood quietly, her hands behind her back, staring straight ahead as Ksenija told the leader -- Alaki -- of her skills and abilities. Ksenija then questioned the man of his pack, wanting to know more as they did little. He questioned the golden woman's own abilities, then moved on to the information about his pack. The woman used it as an opportunity to think of her talents, from this new land and from home as well.

She was very good at many things back home, known throughout the families' traveling lands as a gifted crafter and storyteller. Then her training at the church counted as a talent, didn't it? She decided that she would say it anyway. If it would help her gain a home, then why not tell the man of her abilities?

"I am much skilled in the telling of the stories. I am also maker of craft. Jewelry and pretty glass, these are things I do well." She hesitated briefly, then added, "I am also train for art of sacrifice. If this is to count as skill. I also did this," she finished, showing him her left leg and the expansive scarification there. She did not care if he knew what it was. To him it would be a tattoo, not a mark.

She remembered the questions she had asked the man before -- Alexander Collins -- and decided the leader would be a better person to ask. "Is pack can maybe build big ovens, ovens can burn hot like sun? Ovens can melt metal and glass?" As a glassblower, she would need the ovens. That was really the only way to craft for her. Medusa thought of her old home in her families lands and sighed quietly, remembering the huge ovens she'd had there.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread