M - Toddlers, Brats, and Dad
[html]

Finna’s attention was brought back to the male seated on the ground, ears perked forward as she considered what he had said. Hmm. Now truly interested she stepped forward and began examining him, mouthing his hair gently and breathing in and out deeply, doing her best to convey interest in the fact her knew her language. How peculiar. Not many did. Once she was satisfied with her investigation she stepped away to graze in the grasses and flowers peacefully, tail swishing too and fro in order to combat the flies and bugs that seemed eager to bother her. Emmanuelle watched the whole exchange with silent interest and confusion, not sure what had just happened. Shaking her head she lowered herself to sit beside Helotes, shooting him less than her usual bright smile.

“ Oh well, thank you. You and the little ones look well too. “ It had become apparent to the rest of the clan that Zana had disappeared and the concerned look that had furrowed between her brows spoke this, but the unasked question did not make it out of her throat. The woman had no wish to pry in the handsome man's life. She listened intently as he spoke about his children and she followed his gaze to watch the puppies frolicking about and smiled, though it did not reach her eyes. “ They are beautiful. You are doing a great job with them.. “ Emma whispered, wishing what he said would be true for her but knowing it wouldn’t. “ I am not sure that I will.. “ Came her somber reply, her bi-colored eyes leaving the happy pups and resting on the grass beneath her feet.

“ I uh.. am alone I am afraid. I suppose Angel does not want any part in this and I have never done this child thing before. “ She said, her voice wrought with distress. The woman felt foolish in front of Helotes, he was alone wasn’t he? How come others could do it, she felt so helpless! Vesper and Alma had spoken how the clan would help her, but would they? Her mind drifted to thoughts of just holing up in the small den she had dug herself by Folly Lake. Maybe she would disappear until they were born and just hole up there. The mansion was too awkward with Angel living there and not wanting to deal with what he had helped create.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread