Positively Negative
[html]

Hurr fail post but writing something i've already written really saps my will to write.

Word Count → 304

Neela smiled brightly as some of the tenseness left the stranger's body, though the smile that she sent towards Neela was fake enough that it was almost painful. Neela frowned slightly but didn't comment, not wanting to push a complete stranger on her behaviour; after all, it was hardly a crime to be unhappy. The stranger introduced herself as Sidra and then stuck her hand forwards, prompting Neela to stare curiously at the hand for a second, wondering what she was doing. After a second of confusion Neela remembered what a handshake was - the collie hadn’t really encountered such a greeting except for when she saw traders from Europe when she was young - and extended her own hand, gripping and shaking Sidra's.

"Oh! A newcomer?" Neela asked rhetorically, her ears twitching in interest, "I hadn’t heard about anyone joining recently, I figured you’d joined sometime when I was keeping to myself after.." Neela trailed off as she realised the sentence was taking her places that she didn't particularly want to go. Her eyes flickered down to her left arm for a split second, alighting on the ropey scar running up her arm before she stored them away and back to Sidra. Neela shook her head briefly as though to clear the thought away from her head like she would water and continued, squashing the brief flash of sadness in her eyes, "Anyways., I'm Neela Garcia, nice ta meet ya Sidra," she continued, very voice bright again, "I mostly make myself useful round here with my boat, so come see me if ya want some fish, or a ride somewhere." she finished and paused for a moment, having temporarily talked away her hyperactivity.

"So, how are you finding the pack so far?" she asked to break the silence, head cocked to one side.

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread