I will stay forever here with you
[html]
Ooc text goes here. [WC: 582 || Pts: 5]

As Kai's keen eyes observed his female lying before the gravestone, he felt a cool breeze and shivered. He assumed it was the draft that caused him the sudden chill, at any rate. But at least Axelle had stopped whimpering so he assumed that whatever nightmare she had been having had left her. However, then, without warning, her body tensed and she awoke with a start, causing Kai's body to tense in the same way but he didn't approach just yet. Instead, his body lowered a little more to the ground in case she turned to see him, but he still had a fairly good vantage point of what was going on. He saw her head bow, saw her paw brush at the dirty markings on the front of the stone, only for her form to lower back down to the ground. Kai inhaled the air deeply before letting it out in something of a soft huff. What was she doing, lingering there?

As his focus on Axelle deepened, she began to talk to the headstone. Common enough, he figured, if whoever she was talking to was a friend or relative. He guessed that they must be, why else would she be there talking to them, visiting them? However, when her voice changed and she began to sound angry, Kai got confused. It sounded almost as if she were having a conversation with the stone. He remained there, watching her, as the wind turned and then, she caught him. His scent at first, and as she called his name, his feral yellow eyes would become more obvious as he rose from his creeping spot. No use hiding when she knew of his presence already. As she asked what he was doing there, the male snorted a little, approaching her slowly, keeping a close eye on her. "I wanted to make sure you were safe, that's all." The incident in Halifax had shaken him greatly, and he wanted only to keep her safe. "When you mentioned you were heading off, I wanted to tail you, just for a little while, just in case... I guess I might have followed you a little longer than I had planned to." He could sense her anger, he could practically smell it, and so he shortened the gap between them, his body language low, his head bowed just a little in something approaching an apology.

"I'm sorry, it's not that I don't trust you, Axelle... I mean, I know you can fight. I just... wanted to be sure, for my own peace of mind." And then, it struck him - he shouldn't have to apologise for wanting to make sure she was safe, that nothing happened to her. And so his head lifted, his eyes fixed on hers confidently now. "I understand you're frustration, but I need to make sure my female isn't in danger." He moved in closer, his snout sniffing at the air a little more. "I've answered your question, now you may answer mine... Are you here visiting an ex or something? Is that why I caught your distinctive scent before, why I can smell the remnents of it even now? I thought it might have been me, that your body might have been preparing itself for being reunited with your mate... But now I doubt it. So why? Who?" His head cocked to the side, and slowly, he inched closer, aiming to nuzzle into her, his tone a little hard for such an affectionate action.

Table and Siggy by Sammiie; Photo by Diana Pinto@flickr

<style>
.Kai04-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.Kai04 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.Kai04 b {color:#f2f2f2; font-weight:bold;}
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top
center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed;
padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-
size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-
spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px;
font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread