You would have never known
[html]

WC: ??? OOC: Sorry for taking so long! D':

The wolf woke, which startled her. She came to a dead halt, just observing. When a knife was pulled her breathing stopped altogether. She never encountered any hostile threat, or any threat at all really. She had wrestled when she was growing up, but that was harmless play. Now things could get nasty if she didn't make it clear that she wasn't an opponent, but a comrade. She slid the bulk of the pocketknife into her mouth. Reaching up into the nearest tree, she hoisted herself into it, poised on the thickest of branches. She used all four paws to bring herself higher into the tree, never farther from the trunk than she had to be, for it supported her better and the branches shifted much less. Once she was a good 6 feet off the ground she hunched against the trunk, snatching the knife from her jaws and then launching it out into the open, watching it spin and twirl, eventually landing and embedding itself in the ground a few yards from the other wolf. "What fool do you mistake me for? Toss your weapons and I'll come out," she chided, voice clearly hurt but at the same time inviting. She didn't recognize the female at all, but she seemed pretty unimtimidating, perhaps even aloof. She decided not to underestimate her, for that could prove to be a fatal mistake. She began to wonder what might happen if the female did not discard her weapon. She wondered if she had a chance of getting away. Granted, her long legs and speed were an advantage, but she didn't really know the land's layout, which was a crushing disadvantage. She silently chastised herself for being to stupid and naive.

<style type="text/css">
.sterlaband b {font-weight:bold; color:#969c9e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.sterlaband .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.sterlaband p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.sterlaband {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#1f1e1c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A85dE.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 320px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#616570; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread