Deep, deadly reassurance
[html]
Out of character goes here.
wordcount ► 395

"I'm tired," whined the golden pup as she slowly walked behind the two-legged man. Her nose was low to the ground as he turned around to peer at her practically limping with a belly close to the ground. Without a way to carry the boar meat around with them so they had taken what they needed the day after for a breakfast and made sure it was a large one. The best he could have done was wrap some with him in a leather satchel he had scavenged from the large town. She was clearly hungry though the way her belly hung low and her tongue lolled without it's familiar smile. Gale almost whined as he looked at the poor girl child, her hunger easily seen on her face. The chances of finding another boar or even something big was out of the question, and it was unlikely he'd win against anything bigger than the juvenile wild pig he had managed to kill.

"I'm tired," she whined again, stopping as she peered up at her caretaker. He turned about and crouched down beside her, picking her up into his arms. She didn't protest, tired as she was as she hung in his arms, paws hanging over his arms as she stared at the greenery pass them by. With his long strides it was easier to cover land, and that was something he was glad for. But he was not trained for long distances at all, and it was not something his burning thighs and calves seemed to appreciate. "We'll stop soon, cara mia," he said softly, finding them a nook of closely pressed together stone that blocked out the breeze. It was a nice change of pace to the empty hills and mountains he was used to. It could even be beautiful.

Gale held Yvette in his arm as he used his free one to lay down the lion skin cloak and then lay her down on it. She lay, sprawled out with her limbs akimbo. "I'll.. I'll have to go look for something to eat. Stay here and stay quiet, alright, bambina?" But he didn't know where to begin on this grassland with nothing around him to find. Rabbits were not his forte and he rose, a golden tree in the sea of green.

Images credited to Jason Pier. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_01 {padding:5px 0px 265px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Rtaz4.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #1c9adf; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px; line-height:12px;}
.gale_01 .inner {margin:0 20px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.gale_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#075fac; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_01 .wc {color:#9fd2eb; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#2cb6e5;}
.gale_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fd2eb;}
p.gale01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread