Deep, deadly reassurance
[html]
Sounds good! Big Grin
wordcount ► 303

He knew that he would have to find her some food before long. He was not sure of how he was supposed to go about taking care of a young child when all he knew was blood and battle and the grip of fear at the prospect of death. But he seemed to manage fine; neither one of them had their ribs sticking out and they both had a normal sheen to their golden pelts which meant they had to be healthy. Yvette was growing fast and she needed food more often than he did, full grown as he was. And he knew she would keep on needing food more often than he until she finished her growth. By then, he hoped, they would find themselves at home so they would not risk starving slowly and making rations last longer than they ought to.

Gale picked up his spear, feeling the smoothed wood beneath his fingers as he checked the point to see if it were sharp enough. It still had a point, not sharp enough to puncture his prodding fingers but enough to pierce flesh with enough force. He stood staring around him, trying to figure out where he ought to head to find a herd or something else. Then he saw the woman as she called out to him. His hand was gripped on his spear in defense and he noticed the one by her legs. He adjusted his grip on it and stuck the butt of it on the ground. "Fine," he said simply, wary of a stranger but still happy to see someone nearby with something that smelled fairly good on the back of her equine. "But my daughter and I have been hungry and I don't know these lands. Would you think about helping some poor viatores?"

Images credited to Jason Pier. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.gale_01 {padding:5px 0px 265px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Rtaz4.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #1c9adf; font-family:verdana;font-size:10px; line-height:12px;}
.gale_01 .inner {margin:0 20px; padding: 0px 9px 0px 9px;text-align:justify;}
.gale_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.gale_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#075fac; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; }
.gale_01 .wc {color:#9fd2eb; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.gale_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#2cb6e5;}
.gale_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9fd2eb;}
p.gale01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread