Ancient Artifacts
[html]

Word Count › 345 I'm sorry for taking such a long time to reply! (Also thank you Lazarus.)

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls
The most massive characters are seared with scars

The scarred coywolf lowered her lantern then eventually found a spot behind her to place it; the constriction of the other’s pupils as they adjusted to the light looked painful. Its new position kept the cavern well lit but not intensely bright, and she stood half in front of it to ease the burden a little bit more. She still wasn’t used to having tools such as fire at her clawtips, having been born unable to shift and not desiring to, but she knew she had to get over it.

Without hesitation, the stocky woman introduced herself, and the Centurion nodded although she didn’t know what “la Chemin” was. She decided to overlook it. “My name is Vesper; I’m the subleader here.”

She shook her head quickly when the other inquired about the room, holding up a paw to show her that she wasn’t at fault. “No one lives here right now, or ever had that I’m aware of; I’ve made my den in these caves and haven’t seen anyone come in or out.”

Vesper frowned as the other indicated the markings, and she came closer to them, reaching up to touch one of the crude strokes that formed the back of one of the animals. “I don’t know,” she admitted. “I never knew that this was here.” She wondered if it was from the time of the first luperci or, perhaps, even older than that—but she did not like to think of humans, and her mind cut her off immediately.

“What do you think?” were the next words that came out of her mouth, and she stepped back from the wall painting, blue eyes curiously roving over the Inferni newcomer. She hoped that turning the question onto the woman wouldn’t bother her, but she did want to get to know all of the clan’s new members, and Willam speculating aloud might help her get a picture of what she was like. Until then, this false familiarity was awkward, but she tried not to be too aloof with the woman she did not know.

<style>
.ves-scear {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.ves-scear .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EvpxL.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.ves-scear .ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.ves-scear .tagline {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px; }
.ves-scear .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1.5px; }
.ves-scear .tagline em { letter-spacing:1.5px; word-spacing:-.5px;}
.ves-scear .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.ves-scear p {text-indent: 45px; margin:0px; padding:0px 15px;}
.ves-scear b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.ves-scear u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread