here in the dark, i cherish the moonlight
[html]

derp. (330)

Even now, Salvia was intimidating as hell despite their nearly identical age. In fact, Maggie thought it a little ridiculous that she was even older than the leader before her. The hybrid was nothing but sheer self-confidence and had every reason to feel that way; she was youthful and looked incredibly strong, and she had just pulled the rug from underneath her mother. She was not like the other females Maggie had come across; they were very similar in this regard, neither of them were weak or incapable of fending for themselves. While Maggie wasn’t as good of a fighter Salvia was, she could still hold her own in a battle with her trusty knife and had even killed multiple intruders for the sake of their pack. But still, Maggie’s lip trembled ever so slightly in front of the new leader. Salvia would have no problem ripping the Confidant’s throat out if she so desired it. That is where they differed, Maggie would never be as cruel as the pale woman before her was..

“I just,” she started off stupidly, weakly. Maggie coughed before continuing on, having her thoughts collected in that small moment. “I just wanted to see if it was all really true. And I guess I wanted to ask why you did it,” Salvia knew where Maggie’s loyalties had always laid; she babysat Eris’s pups, she even viewed her as the mother that she never had. Maggie couldn’t understand why Salvia would forsake her own kin just for power. All that responsibility and worry would never appeal to the young Confidant. She might have been one of the overlooked members of the pack but at least she was happy where she was. Maggie was nervous before, but now that the words were out of her mouth she had to stay strong. She looked at Salvia directly, almost as an equal. This situation had the possibility of turning into a huge mistake.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread