[aw] if you want a job done right
[html]

(387)

Levent and Wilson are by Sunny!

Vasiliy suggested a river or lake, and Levent nodded as he imagined them: a smooth expanse or a flowing channel. Both had their virtues and vices, and their vices combined brought the terror of the ocean, but he was sure he could handle one. He grinned, his ears dipping slightly, and said, “I can do lakes and rivers. I’ve got to bathe somewhere, after all. The ocean is just … büyük, big.” He shook his head and turned his gaze in the vague direction of the bay, holding his hands out to symbolize size. “Perhaps a lake first, though? No strong current to make us go when we don’t want to.” He had no doubt that the Russian, as experienced with navigating dangerous tides in a large ship, would be able to handle a smaller vessel in a river—but Lev wasn’t one to take chances with his safety. Or maybe he was just a coward.

Having visited many countries and briefly touched many cultures, Levent could easily see the picture Vasi painted of his homeland. He knew they’d have to be tough to survive in a cold climate, as well as deal with the ocean; few could make a living fishing treacherous waters. He smiled, and wasn’t surprised when the question was turned back onto him.

“My childhood was spent in the city of Istanbul,” the brown-furred wolf explained. “Or, at least, by the time I could shift I roamed the streets as an urchin. My father was a merchant too, so my early life was a lot of traveling until he settled me down in his birthplace.” He sniffed briefly, filtering the scent of the forest from the more various and tangled smells of the garden ahead. “My mother found me and brought me to London, where I met Wilson. After that, I took up my father’s trade and roamed all over Europe and Asia—so I guess my homeland is everywhere across the sea.” He smiled apologetically, inclining his head. “More of my life story than an answer to the question—but here are our plants!” He reached out to touch an odd leaf, able to recognize at least some of the herbs he could use in a pinch. Most were unfamiliar to them, but he was hopeful for something the mare might eat.

<style>
.levSunny {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.levSunny p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.levSunny p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:3px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.levSunny .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.levSunny .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.levSunny b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.levSunny u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread