rebel souls, deserters we've been called.
[html]

She buried her slim muzzle deep into his neck fur, inhaling his spicy, foreign scent. Her eyes were closed and she listened quietly as he spoke, his deep rolling accent soothing her. Though her heart had been beating a mile a minute just a few moments ago, it slowed as she listened to his own heartbeat, feeling time trickle by second by second. The sun shone in through the broken glass of the window on the far wall, and the warm light highlighted the dust specks and feathers scattered everywhere. It was a simple feeling, but one that made her safe. When she was with him, she felt safe. He had a lot to make up for, but the woman was gaining confidence in the father of her unborn children.

It would take time, but the two of them had nothing but time. Emmanuelle blinked her eyes as he moved, gathering her into his arms as he picked her up in one smooth motion, taking a few steps to the torn up bed. It made her sad, seeing her normally clean room a total and complete mess because of what someone had done to her. Broken glass was scattered around the room, and the fresh scent of cherry blossoms still hung heavily in the air. As she was placed down she moved backwards, scooting her back against the wall. Still wanting contact with the dark male she gathered his large hands in her own, slender fingers tangling in with his.

“ Well. I left. I don’t know why. Me and Alma were supposed to go on a trading trip, but I couldn’t find her so I just left by myself for awhile.. “ Emma began, ears cast downward. “ I mainly stayed in the Dampwoods, I didn’t stray too far. I am getting pretty thin though, havn’t really been able to hunt. Gabriel and Kimbrah try, but rabbits and chicken don’t have much fat on them. “ She said quietly, holding out her thin wrist to show him. It was true, she had lost a substantial amount of muscle and weight, her face was nearly gaunt. “ I have been so stressed out and worried, I think the birth will be more difficult now.. I don’t know that a month will be enough time to repair the damage. “ Her eyes were solemn as she look at him, they would have to be prepared to face the fact not all the pups may survive.

Messages In This Thread