Homeless and Helpless
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: I gots permission to take the puppeh!

She promised the hurt would stop, and for the most part she was successful in keeping her word. But she placed upon the little one a necessary pain so that no further damage would come to his wounds. She winced as he moved deeper into her fur, professing his pain in the hopes it would stop. She could not explain to him how this bit of pain was needed, now his aching would stop in time once the wounds properly clotted and began to heal. But she could convince him softly that it would pass with the quiet rolling lull of her voice and a gentle lick between his ears.

She was glad to hear the younger female had accepted her intentions, making the departure pleasantly easier, had it not been for the panicked squeals and wriggling of the pup. Her heart lurched when he insisted his mother would come. Even amidst the smell of blood, she could find no other trace of a recent presence other than herself and this female. If his parent was coming to retrieve him...shouldn't she have down so by now? Unless...unless fortune did not favor her as it had her child.

"Little one please," the attempted to hush the child. "If your mother wished for you to stay and you are gone, then surely she will come looking for you. I will have my family mind the borders for her call. But surely she would not want you to die while you waited... Please little one... be calm. You are going to be alright."

While it would have been assuring to let the child know his mother would return for him, she could not be certain this was the case. A pup left alone never bode well for his circumstances. One could only assume what drove a mother to leave her child to wait like this... but perhaps there was more to this she was not understanding. Regardless, now was not the time to ponder. Keeping the boy secure, she turned back toward her borders but paused when asked for her name. "My apologies," humbly she dipped her head. "I am X'yrin, an Alpha of Sangi'lak. We will meet again ,Fayne Gremory." Smiling, she turned then toward the Kre'nertok rising in the distance and headed home with the pup in tow.

[Exit X'yrin]

387 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;