disengaging from the management rail
[html]

A bout of laughter was the response to his greeting, and Unatsi immediately leaped onto all four spindly legs, staring at the disturbed vegetation ahead of him. It shook as someone came through, and he was beginning to rethink the whole thing when his voice echoed back to him: albeit in a friendly, weirdly-accented voice still dripping with laughter.

The echo then revealed itself as belonging to a mottled cinnamon and white luperci, tall and strong and scarred, but the Tribe wolf was surprisingly unafraid. Maybe it was because this bloke looked so friendly despite his formidable appearance which, well, no one could help. Not everyone had a temperament to match how they looked like rambly, rangy, underbuilt little Unatsi did.

“I seem to have been the one calling out,” the red wolf replied, wagging his tail. “I thought I was alone, too—or, well, alone as I ever am, I guess. I’ve got a…” He wondered if he should chance the quip, decided that Udanvti had suffered enough grief to be used to it, and finished: “…a rather pushy guide. Omnipresent, really, probably listening to me right now and shaking her head and deciding it’s all for naught. But I guess I didn’t expect to see anyone like you out here.”

Loquaciousness—one of his characteristics that was consistently the first to revel itself.

He shook his head to confirm that the other hadn’t trespassed then flipped his dark-tipped tail in an awkward gesture, one that probably wouldn’t even have been graceful had he used a hand. “My Tribe lives back that way, beyond the fences. I don’t think you’d miss it, not unless your nose doesn’t work or you have some other regrettable condition.” He wondered when he’d started to refer to AniWaya as his then decided now was not the time to think complicated thoughts.

“So,” the ruddy-furred man said instead, brightly, “what’s your name? Are you from one of the other tribes? I haven’t really met an outsider yet, at least, not in Nova Scotia.”

Word Count → 340

I dunno why but this thread makes me...happy. xD

<style>
.redlay {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HDevC.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#060606; width:98%; max-width:600px; margin:0px auto; padding:175px 0px 5px 0px; color:#C4A791; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:5px solid #fff;}
.redlay .input {background-color:#060606; opacity:0.6; margin:0px 10px;}
.redlay b {color:#5A5225; letter-spacing:1px;}
.redlay p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px; margin:0px;}
.redlay p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #5A5225; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.redlay .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread