disengaging from the management rail
[html]

Unatsikanogeni bit the side of his tongue when the other muttered after his explanation. He wasn’t used to talking to those who didn’t share the Tribe’s culture, and he didn’t know the best way to describe what a spirit guide was. They just were, and they were a part of every true AniWayan’s beliefs, and to never be steered in life by one of the noble and wise spirits was a terrifying concept to the wolf. Even when he’d forsaken the Tribe, he’d trusted the guides, and he listened to Udanvti ever since she’d revealed herself to him.

The other didn’t ask, though, and so Unatsi didn’t answer. He was fine with putting off the complicated explanation, anyway, and they were moving on to other topics of conversation.
The red merle dog rambled on in his thick, unfamiliar accent—although every accent was more or less unfamiliar to the Cherokee luperci. He was sure he sounded just as hard to understand, but here they were, both at least getting the gist of what the other was saying.

He smiled, holding up a hand dismissively to show that the other wasn’t keeping him from anything. “Just exploring around a bit. After I got the Tribe, I haven’t, uh, really been out much. Important, though, very important to scout out the area, you know, and neighbors too. I don’t fault you for it.” He nodded sagely.

The other man mused about other packs, and Unatsi shrugged his white shoulder. “Well, doesn’t make much sense to be a loner. I mean, when you can have the protection of a tribe, and share their food and stuff, not really a point of marching on alone. I tried to do that, once, couldn’t do it, almost got eaten if Udanvti hadn’t saved me. Never doing it again—”

When it came to light that this dog, Harvey, was one of the elusive loners, Una backpedaled desperately.

“Oh, yes, of course—I mean, wandering about is fine and good. Freedom, yeah! No one telling you what to do, and you can get stronger on your own, I mean, if you don’t get lonely, but someone like you shouldn’t get lonely, you’ve probably got friends crawling all over you wanting a piece, and they’ll help you out better than any silly old tribe would…”

He stopped, cleared his throat, and twitched a grin. “Oh, my name? Uh, it’s relatively unpronounceable. I can’t even pronounce it sometimes, but—you can call me Unatsi.”

Word Count → 415

It's an awesome thing! This wait, however, isn't. :c

<style>
.redlayy {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HDevC.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#060606; width:98%; max-width:600px; margin:0px auto; padding:175px 0px 5px 0px; color:#C4A791; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:5px solid #fff;}
.redlayy .input {background-color:#060606; opacity:0.6; margin:0px 10px;}
.redlayy b {color:#5A5225; font-weight:normal;}
.redlayy p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px; margin:0px;}
.redlayy p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #5A5225; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.redlayy .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread