saddle warm
[html]
sorry for weirdness

“Golagi nigesvna,” the Tsulvwisdanehi muttered to himself, about himself, once he had finished his little tirade. He didn’t see how his spirit guide expected him to improve; this was the result of him trying so hard, so what was the point? He thought he’d be better off as a loner without responsibilities and expectations, but he knew he wouldn’t survive alone for more than a day—and he definitely wouldn’t have survived his past journeys without Udanvti there. She’d have no reason to stick around her charge if he left AniWaya, so he’d be alone for real.

But Io continued to smile at him, and the softness really did help. Hardly anyone had shown him patience thus far, his guide notwithstanding, and while he needed a firm hand, he needed a gentle one also. His green eyes regarded her cautiously until she smirked at him, concluding her advice, and he managed to send a little smile back.

“Wado,” Unatsikanogeni murmured, and nodded when she instructed him. Honestly, he thought he might be okay as long as everyone pointed out exactly what he had to do—but he knew they wouldn’t want to instruct him forever. He hoped the collie mix was right in that he’d learn after sorting out the basics. Until then, he was glad to walk over to the horse, muttering his terrible Spanish, and remove the burden of the sand bag. He heaved the weights on the other side of the fence then followed suit, leaning against the gate as he shut it and glancing at the pregnant woman, who named two others in his profession.

His big ears flattened at mention of his guide, and he turned his head although he knew he wouldn’t know the doe was there unless she wanted to show herself. “She is helping, I mean—” He hesitated. “She wants… She wants me to do a lot of this on my own, just so I can learn how. She said that agriculture—agriculture was growth and love, and I needed to grow and learn to love.” He grinned self-consciously, his scar tissue twitching, as he realized how cheesy it all was. He hoped the woman didn’t take it the wrong way. “I don’t know what else I could do, though; none of the other professions are suiting either. I can’t stand battle, I’m not worthy of the Great Fire, I can’t take care of animals, I can’t craft or hunt or scout or teach… I can’t really do anything.” He looked at the ground, then smirked. “Except feel sorry for myself, of course, I’m a master in that profession.”

<style type="text/css">
.una2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#732814;}
.una2 p {text-indent:35px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.una2 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#a1a86a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4vCbH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 275px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
+348
[/html]

Messages In This Thread