Anything But a Farmer
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

It was exciting to entertain the prospects of joining, but not without a level head. Regardless of what help she needed, or how wonderful it would have been to have an experienced member as a part of their family, she could not in good conscience let this come to pass without understanding his feelings.

To part from the wandering road was no easy feat, knowing full well the heartache and longing it stirred to return. It roused an insatiable urge that a packlife could not wholly abate. At times it could be diffused with simple tasks to keep the mind distracted, but that longing would never truly be gone. It would forever sit in the back of one's mind rearing its head once in a while when the distant spires and great plains were too tantalizing to ignore. It was the silent call of true freedom, to live on the land and make of it what one could. It was a walk not all were meant to take but those that did could not part from it without a kind of tether keeping them to it.

She looked to Asgeir as he offered her what she could only take as his truth. It was strangely warming to hear he wouldn't give up his wandering, but at the same time was a little bothered by what that could mean. Though she would not confess it, she needed his help and what knowledge he could offer. She needed another stable hand to keep the foundations of the pack secure to build upon. In asking for something so small as help with a pen, she felt she would have been asking the world of him. So she did not elaborate on his correct assumption, she simply nodded in understanding and unconsciously drew the piglet closer.

"...well," she voiced softly after a moment, smiling faintly as she looped her arm through his own. "I hope that these lands will become a home you will return to should you set out again when 'business' comes along. But I can promise you, I won't let you leave without a fuss-" as her smile grew, she glanced to the elder male from the corner of her eye -"even if it is to handle business." She emphasized her point with a slight tug to his arm as if steering him away from an unseen trade deal, but it was all for show to lead him into the territory; his home.

The smile upon her lips was nothing short of radiant as she found new reason to smile despite the dilemma that awaited them at the common area. She was happier than the little piglet that had had his first taste of freedom. Perhaps more so in knowing she would receive help in keeping the tiny critters and their other companions in some kind of order. It was so exciting, she couldn't help but beam. "To be fair sir," she began quietly. "I should tell you of the danger you're walking in to. My companion- our other leader- made quite the trade for animals recently but there is no place for them other than the dens right now. That is...except for the horses which seemed behaved enough to wander close by." With her hands and arms occupied, she gestured with her muzzle instead toward the great mountain. "I have been keeping all of them in there. Sheep and a ram, piglets, cows and a bull, chickens and a rooster and one vulture..."

583 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;