Anything But a Farmer
[html]
Asgeir
But your thoughts will soon be wandering,
the way they always do, When you're ridin' sixteen hours
And there's nothin' much to do
OOC :: Lorem Ipsum

It was as he thought. They had left her alone, or mostly. Asgeir's eyes narrowed. He would have rumbled a growl, but thought it unwise. Still, it irked him that she had been abandoned. He would keep her company until the male counterpart returned, he resolved, remaining near the dens as he worked. His face relaxed, and he nodded at X'yrin's reply concerning his assuming their merchant role. That won't be a problem, now I have a place t' call home. His features went from merely complacent to a bright smile as they approached what was clearly the dens, and he grunted as she held up a finger. The smell was horrid, and he knew it was definitely overdue for these animals to have their own homes.

With that thought in mind, Asgeir turned away, walking to the end of the wagon to pull a few beams out of the end. He had left them long so they could be used for a variety of things; each was taller than he was and wider in diameter than his arm. The carpenter knew he would have to cut them down in length, but they would make for good posts for the corral. Each made a vaguely hollow sound as he dropped them on the ground. It wasn't like they would take much damage. He kept one ear flicked back, listening for X'yrin's return, taking in the gentle sounds of the animals. The Issor was murmuring as she left the cave, and Asgeir turned back to face her, leaving the beams where they lay. In her arms was a bundle of furs, and he peered closer for a moment and realized that she held a pup, a young one by the looks of it.

They had left not only the woman, but young as well?! He was most definitely going to have a talk with his leader when he returned.

His ears perked to listen as X'yrin answered the question that had most worried him, wondering what he would be expected to do. It did not sound difficult; it sounded like 'normal' things. Keeping himself strong was something that came naturally between working with his spear and working with the wood, and it only made sense if he were to stay with Sangi'lak that he would make himself of value. She seemed confident that his personal role beyond those things would make itself apparent in time, and as she was so sure, it assured him as well.

In what seemed a very somber ceremonial movement, X'yrin lowered her head and extended her paw to him, stating that his family needed him and the skills he offered. He extended his own paw, laying it atop hers, and met her golden eyes with his own. Once again he lowered himself, not completely kneeling but so his body was below hers. I willingly pledge my self and my skills t' my Family, th' members of Sangi'lak. And 'specially t' you, X'yrin. The statement could be taken one of many ways. Asgeir meant it to sound more platonic, but even to his own ears, his words held a semblance of flirting.

And you don't feel much like ridin',
You just wish the trip was through
WC :: +500
image courtesy of emdadi. template by revo. <3

[/html]

Messages In This Thread