Time for Talk or Time for Action
[html]

Vesper heard the black wolf’s dry remark and grinned toothily at him, letting him interpret that as he pleased. When he went back onto their original topic, however, her relief was evident in a flick of her whiskers as she straightened her posture again. She was here for business, not to leer tauntingly at a couple of wolves and pretend she was a hardass.

“I understand,” the coywolf said politely when Jaden explained why X’yrin had not come—although she didn’t fully understand. She wanted her friend here, so she could celebrate the birth of a new pack under her leadership rather than look on it with suspicion and suppressed dread. She wasn’t sure how large Sangi’lak was, or how important it was that X’y stayed back home, but she knew she’d have to make a point to visit her Shepard sooner rather than later.

After he’d poised his question, Vesper frowned, and at last she was simply another leader considering an offer. “I will have to speak with my Aquila,” she said, standing to mark an end to the conversation. “It isn’t wholly up to me.” She paused and flicked her ear, fixing him with her blue gaze. “However, I hope that, even if that doesn’t work out, you will uphold your offer of peace. You might find this hard to believe, Jaden, but Inferni dislikes unnecessarily violence. That we can readily defend ourselves when violence comes to our doorstep shouldn’t be mistaken as a threat.” Her voice grew cool but she nodded to dismiss them from the borders, doubting that they would have much more to say. “I will find a way to come into contact with you for an answer.”

<style type="text/css">
.snarl-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#bfbab3; text-shadow:#100F14 1px 1px 0px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.snarl-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.snarl-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #bfbab3; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.snarl-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.snarl-fb {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#534e66; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/pOl4s.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #100F14; padding:115px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#100F14; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread