the might of thors hammer
[html]

The song Nier is singing is 'Cockles and Mussles' just so y'all know. Grace PP was approved by Kitty. 7 pts :: 701 ::

Niernan had been happily losing himself in his work, the rhythm of the digging taking over, his shoulders easily rising and falling with the scooping motion. He had noticed the arrival of others, the two giants among their pack, Fritz and Ezra, taking to the work as if it was entirely natural. He was aware of Wretch's appearance followed by the arrival of the dark furred Nahyt and her brindle brother, Hael. He smiled as he continued to hum, glad that the pack was coming together on this project. His smile broadened as a golden figure came into view, her hip bumped his in way of greeting and he laughed, his day automatically brighter for her being in it. He paused in his digging for a brief moment, leaning over to lay a chaste kiss on her cheek, ecstatic that she had decided to show up today.

His tail wagged frantically as he returned to his task, no longer humming his songs but singing aloud, his voice clear and bright, reverberating over the clearing. The song was one of the ones that his uncle Emeris had taught him and his brother, one of the 'cleaner' ones that his mother approved of, it started off happy and bright but ended in tragedy, but the rhythm was good and helped to keep his digging on track. He moved on to others after his song of Molly Malone, most of them had an air of tragedy, some comedy, but then these were Irish songs, and most of them focussed on those two themes.

He couldn't help glancing over at Grace as he worked, always smiling around his words when he watched her. His mind kept throwing him other things that he and Grace could be doing with his time, it was at those moments that his voice became a little bit louder and determined and his shovel dug into the ground with a little more force than entirely necessary. It was also at those moments that he would shoot a glare at Ciaran, the cat watching from the sidelines and laughing at Niers predicament.

Despite the distractions Nier worked hard and his part of the trench was quickly dug. The floor even and packed flat, ready for the rocks to be put in place. He leaned on his shovel as Saul called a break, wiping his hand over his brow. He turned his grin on full beam and turned to Grace, reaching out and grabbing her waist, pulling her to him. Normally he would save the physical contact for a time when they were in a more private setting, but she had been riving him wild all day, something he thought she had meant to do. He pressed his body against hers and kissed her passionately, one hand-paw coming up to tangle in her dreads, the other pressing into he small of her back. He was sure he was giving the others one hell of a show, but at that moment he didn't care, lost in the taste and feel of her. He pulled away, panting and fixed his cyan eyes on her azure, a smirk pulling at his lips. "You're bad for my concentration Grace." He chuckled as he refused to look at the others, not wanting to see the expressions of shock, disgust or whatever else they could be feeling, "Now, let me focus, I don't want to go dropping a rock on my paw or anything, then I'd be no use to anyone." He let the golden woman go then, his eyes flicking to his grey cousin, apology shining in the cerulean orbs.

He moved over to the pile of rocks with a spring in his step and a grin on his muzzle just as Saul called a halt to the break and started giving out orders on how to move and safely place the stones. Nier found himself hauling the rocks with ease, his back muscles rippling with the effort of lifting the stone. Satisfaction coursed through him as he helped, tamping down the stone so that it sat snugly in the earth, the flattest part pointing upwards. He repeated this process, placing the rocks precisely, but still shooting his golden lover smiles.

Word Count ~ 701

<style>
.NiernanBody .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; text-align: center;}
.NiernanBody p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.NiernanBody { font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justifyWink; background-position: center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:px 0px 10px 0px; min-height:273px; width:597px;}
.NiernanHeader {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Header.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:220px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
.NiernanFooter {background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad21 ... Footer.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; height:273px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; width:597px;}
p.wc {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread