Looking for heaven's light
[html]

Tayui’s body pressing against her own gave Anu a reassuring feeling. Even though her age had given her confidence in many avenues she still needed to be assured that she was not alone once in a while. Tayui’s presence was even causing her to need that touch more and more. Anu would have to be careful not to become greedy or possessive with that necessity. Her history was riddled with those bouts of jealousy.

Blue eyes looked to find surprise written on the pale woman’s features. Anu tried to keep her own demeanor calm, having told herself time and time again that Oak would return to them. The she wolf replied carefully, almost unsure if it was a good thing that Oak had gone or not. Her question was one that Anu had asked herself for some time. Even before her brave red son had come to her about it. Would she follow them?

It was the first time in her children’s life that Anu was waiting for one of them to make the choice, for them to lead her down their family’s path. Tayui spoke with openness in her tone, demolishing any question that Anu may have about her wanting to leave the orchards of Berwick to go to a new pack. Though Tayui had told her before, that she would not leave her, Anu could not help but wait for the moment to come where she was once again alone.

She smiled to herself though, and leaned slightly onto the other woman. For so long she had needed to make the decisions alone, and how quickly she forgot that Tayui was here with her. To be with her rather then to follow or lead. Equals in a life that could be built by their hands. Anu nodded, Oak said he would return, and bring us news of their lands and practices. A pair I knew from Crimson Dreams now lives there. It is far away, the journey would take us some time.

She knew that for Oak it would be only a few days, but for them and the pony that could haul any goods it would takes longer. But I think I would like to be from these lands. Far away from Rabbit Lake. It meant leaving the southern lands where Alder lived, but the horse whisperer had the means to travel north and she did not worry about him too often now. Her desire to forget the Dreaming world grew greater each day, time had not healed those wounds and she hoped that distance would. Then she added a question, Do you want to leave?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread