the river runs rapid
[html]

lalalal, finishing this up <3
wc -- 485

His new friends enthusiastic response was taken with a grin of his own, teeth showing and tail swishing through the air. There was something so different and new about Ink compared to Elias that Temeraire couldn't quite tamp down his excitement. He loved Elias like a brother, but he knew his childhood friend was shy, stunted and a little reclusive. Add in the fact that he seemed content to coast through life and Temeraire was relishing the chance to explore something new, meet others and generally have fun. He didn't really have beliefs yet, but he felt as though there was no point in caution- one would never experience anything in life if they were always careful. His thoughts were interrupted as Ink called Jericho back and a few moments later, the pale mare came trotting from the forest. He caught sight of the wooden chips on her forelegs and couldn't help the booming laugh that came from him.

He thought about his family for a moment before actually answering the males question. His family was... all he'd ever known and while they had their flaws, Temeraire couldn't fault them. "I don't know how to explain them!" He exclaimed once, before moving to walk back towards home. "They're good, I guess. None of them are horrible and I get on well with them all. My dad... he's a bit of a worrier, like all the time... and Uncle Nier gets crazy protective and a bit angry when I get close to the borders... But Bran is fun and always wants to mess around, he teaches me some fun pranks and things. I don't really speak to Lilin, my dads mate, but she's nice." He thought about Ezra, Elias and Colibri, all on the outskirts but all still classed as family. He didn't think he should mention the rest of them, he'd already bored the boy with his description of practically his whole family.

Ink didn't seem to mind too much and spoke once more, though his tone had certainly changed and he glanced across at the boy for a moment. He guessed that they were nearing the southern end of Amherst now, when he considered Ink's words. "My dad told me that when I was born, he didn't know about me and my mother couldn't look after me, so she came and found him. We haven't stayed in one place long since we left my dads old pack... but Vinátta is different. We dont have to move around, or worry about others breaking into camp. We're safer and there are different rules than being out in the wilderness with no pack." He didn't know what else to say about it, so he shut his mouth and continued walking. It didn't take long for the pair to fall into easy conversation with one another and this conversation carried them around Amherst and towards Vinátta easily enough.

<style>
.fjds2 b {color:#fff; font-weight:normal;}
.fjds2 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.fjds2 {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#B17F49; line-height:15px; padding:170px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4VvI5.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#533910; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread