Just Visiting
[html]
:C

She spoke of them not being children, and Skoll stared intently at the ground—although it was obvious that he agreed. At least he didn’t feel like a child anymore; he had advanced high into the adult ranks, had responsibilities even if he didn’t do them, and had tasted the conflict that would drive him in life. He’d grown from the alpha puppy into a jealous young adult, still developing and trying to justify how he saw himself. He’d simply made the wrong choice in how to show his dominance, and that had pretty quickly cast away any illusions of it all being a childish game.

But his own problems, mostly centered around an adolescent moodiness, seemed trivial compared to the way the golden-furred girl seemed so withdrawn, so tired and changed. His heart thudded in the silence as he watched her, increasing in tempo as she strode closer, though she did not fall into his embrace like he’d somehow hoped she would.

Instead, Adelle said two dead words.

Shock was apparent on the wolfdog’s face, followed by detached sympathy—all that he could offer, having not lost anyone of his own. He tried to imagine what it would be like if his father or mother died, and found himself instinctively recoiling from the thought. For her to lose her grandfather…

“I’m so sorry, Adelle,” Skoll whispered, his voice thick with emotion and honesty. He closed the space between them, afraid that she would remain tense and unresponsive, but he chanced it—wrapping his strong arms tightly around her and nudging his snout into her shoulder. “I can’t even imagine, babe, I’m so sorry…”

<style>
.skollblue p {padding:5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:3px; text-indent:25px;}
.skollblue b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.skollblue {background-color:#2B3B3D; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#759BC1; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YPVPL.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:190px 0px 2px 0px; border:2px solid #718991; margin:2px auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #626268; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #626268; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #626268;}
.skollblue .ooc {text-align:right; color:#102015; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; padding:10px 0px 5px 0px; margin:3px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread