Of Catnip and Kittens
[html]
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: drugged kitty, lolol~ Deja vu post!
WC: 502

Colibri valued Niernan's friendship greatly, as she felt closest to the original Vináttan founders, and shied away from their newer packmates. But she realized she had not spoken to Nier directly in some time, since he had busied himself with scouting and patrolling, as well as romping with his brother and little Teme. It wasn't really fair to him. She just found it intimidating to face the two Stormbringer brothers together, since they towered over her with their booming voices, always so physical with the wrestling and roughhousing... It was much easier to face Nier like this, peacefully sitting before the garden. And of course she liked Ciaran the cat, fascinated as she was by his intelligence and handsome looks. She spent more time with Ciaran at the feast than she had any of her wolf packmates. It did not take her long to locate the feline today, finding him rolling about amid the garden. She would hold off on watering the plants, then, wouldn't want to get that thick fur all muddy.

Niernan set his parchment to one side then and greeted her, and she smiled, pleased to see he was in a friendly mood and not at all bothered by her presence. He had been so serious the night she was attacked... it had been a bit frightening to see so many angry faces, and she was secretly glad that everyone seemed to be forgetting about what happened to her. She couldn't, but it was better if her packmates could. "Good morning, Niernan, it's nice to see you and Ciaran... You didn't tell me you were an artist," she pointed out as her eyes fell to the charcoal sketch, a hushed awe in her tone. "That's amazing...!" Colibri could not read, write, or draw, and it impressed her to see those skilled in such an esoteric talent. Niernan continued to surprise her with his varied talents. He stood, moving into the garden to check on his companion while Coli remained, gazing at his handiwork.

"Oh, that's a catnip!" she stated proudly, pleased that he had noticed the rare plant. She had traded with Amy Sunders to receive it, and the successful transaction proved she had been useful to her pack after all. "It's a useful herb from the mint family, it can be crushed into a wound to heal it faster, it can be boiled into a tea that settles stomachs and calms nerves, it can... erm..." she trailed off as she noticed how odd Ciaran was behaving, playing with his own tail and smiling in a vacant, dazed sort of way. "I... I never knew where the name came from. I thought it was like cattail reeds, or cat's whiskers flowers..." she said awkwardly, setting down the wineskin of water in case her assistance might be needed. The cat seemed to be enjoying himself, but she honestly didn't know if it could be bad for him. All she knew about cats was what Niernan had already taught her.

Stock photo credit: ArrsistableStock@deviantART
[/html]

Messages In This Thread