Of Catnip and Kittens
[html]

WC:: 387 - Apologies for the wait dear. 3pts

Coli's quiet voice drifted to the dark Stormbringer, her tentative tones bringing a genuinely affectionate smile to his face, he could feel his eyes soften. Colibri had this effect on him, she was like a lullaby, completely soothing to be around. There were times when he thought Bran should spend more time around the quiet wolf, maybe he would learn a lesson in relaxation and keeping his mouth shut, but then Nier would remember Coli's skittish take on life and he would kick himself for even thinking of torturing the poor woman with Brans presence.

Nier turned and watched as Coli gazed at his drawing with wide eyed appreciation, he chuckled and rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. She complimented his work and his first feeling was utter disbelief, his modesty over-riding his pride, before he recalled Coli's quiet honesty. He blushed furiously under his fur, "Oh, it's nothing really. I sort of just taught myself by doodling." Nobody other than Ciaran had ever seen his artwork before, he hadn't even shown Bran, too embarrassed to reveal his talent in case they mocked him for it. It was sort of a relief for someone else to know now, and to compliment it.

Coli answered his question swiftly, pride in her voice as she listed its name and properties. Nier was impressed with her plant knowledge and pleased that they had such a useful plant in the gardens. He was sure Saul would appreciate the addition of the medicinal plant, but maybe not quite in the way that Ciaran was appreciating it. Coli's words faltered as she noticed the strange way Ciaran was acting, she seemed to have pieced two and two together and now looked worried. She put her wineskin down and looked so terribly anxious about Ciarans state that Niernan had to laugh. He didn't mean to and he didn't want to offend his friend, but her genuine kindness brought him so much joy that he couldn't contain it. "Oh, Coli. Don't you worry about that heap of fur, I think he's just high. From what I can tell Catnip has the same effect on cats as most drugs or alcohol has on us. It's pretty funny actually." He chuckled, watching the cat who was now dribbling quite a bit while trying to eat his tail.

<style>
.neicait03 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.neicait03 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.neicait03 b {color:#5d342c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#090504 0px 1px 0px; }
.neicait03 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6bS9l.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:4px solid #56322c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.neicait03 .inner {margin:312px 25px 15px 25px; padding:12px; background-image:url(imageurl); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:0px solid #000000; height:215px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread