We Built this...Ranch?
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Aftenoon! Let there be bonding and lunch!

For the better part of the morning, Asgeir and X’yrin continued their work on the barn. After examining the ‘blueprints’ (with a considerable amount of explanation in order for her to understand it), they were well on their way to constructing the foundations. While the elder male dug the holes from one side, X’yrin took the other trying to remain as parallel to him as she possibly could while keeping to the required width of the barn. It was strange digging with hands rather than paws, but the act was just the same and just as effective…if just a little awkward. When the side was finished and they were nearing the ‘back’ of the barn, she paused and returned to the cart to retrieve the readied posts. Having gotten used to sawing the wood after it was measured, she took up the role again in earnest and made the beams ready long after the sun had risen and was nearing its apex.

Though the air was cool, the heat of the sun could be felt along her back, signaling and a fairly subtle fashion that a break was in order. But before then she hoisted another beam then dragged it into position by the made hole…and nearly dropped the heavy thing in shock when a voice long since heard met her ears. She saw first the stalk of auburn hair fixed high in a unique fashion that she knew to belong to her New Dawn friend. And with him a young female sharing the same scent as him. The Alphess smiled to herself, glad to see that her once worried friend had settled his dilemma and found a mate. “Jiva,” she dipped her head in humble greeting then extended the same gesture to his mate. “Palaydrian, it is a pleasure to meet you. I was actually about to call for a little break-“

She paused when hearing the tiny voice pipe up from the grasses. Her eyes grew wide in seeing the little form inches toward them. “Zeus!” Breaktime was indeed called by the little one’s appearance. She dropped down to her knees in front of him, pardoning herself in front of her guests before scooping up the child in a protective embrace. “Little one I told you I would be back,” she whined softly, pressing her nose against his bruised one. “What if you were hurt…?”

The pup was fine as far as she could tell, a little bruised in the muzzle no doubt from his trips and falls, but he was alright and obviously able. Though she could not immediately stave off the worry for his safety. After a bath of endearing licks she let the little one down again and remained where she was. “Well…” she breathed, trying to calm her roused anxiety with a small smile. “I should take this as a call for break. Asgeir and I-“ she gestured to the elder male –“can explain what we have done thus far and what needs to be done before nightfall. While we eat… of course.”

509 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;