unmade plans
[html]

(319)

An ache molded in her gut, infiltrating every cell of her body until she could no longer stand to look at him. The intensity of his gaze was too much to sustain. Her fingers fumbled with the silk material covering the bed they now shared, in a rather useless attempt to avoid this conversation. A deep frown creased her features, her jaded expression crumbling under the weight of his inquiry. ''Of course I would have. How could I not?'' she retorted defiantly, not quite understanding how she could have kept this from him even if she'd wanted to. It was only a matter of days until it became obvious. She couldn't magically make their offspring disappear. With that thought, she allowed her incredulous gaze to meet his scrutiny. ''Did you think I would try to put an end to my pregnancy?'' she continued in between quivering breaths, wondering what he'd meant.

Lilin could only hope she was reading too much into things. When asked whether she wanted the puppies or not, she did not immediately respond. A long, heavy silence ensued. Answering such a thing was near impossible; her feelings were ever-changing, an endless flow of confusion. ''I don't know. Sometimes I do,'' she started, unsure of how to approach the subject. ''But then I remember that I'm not mother material. I can't even hold a conversation with Teme for more than five minutes!'' What would his son think of this? His reaction to their mateship hadn't been negative, but he hadn't exactly been thrilled either. ''We're related,'' she murmured, nearly choking on the words spoken. This was the last thing she wanted to bring up, but it had to be done. Surely her insecurities weren't unfounded. ''What if there's something wrong with them?'' Would she be able to live with herself then? Would these puppies pay for the sins of their parents?

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread