It's not always so dark
[html]

Sonje by Sie!

Africa, she wondered, if she should know the place. But in all reality, Sonje didn't know very much of anything. She was observant and self-sufficient enough to get by, therefore came off as a quick-wit, but as far as common knowledge went, she hardly paid attention. The Helsi girl was more prone to retain information only prevalent to herself rather than light nuances, such as origins. She licked her lips lightly deciding not to ask, at least.. not in a traditional way. Does everyone from Africa or Inferni carry snakes around like pets? Seeing as she'd never met anyone from either place, it only seemed fitting to ask.

She sat back then, her belly stiff as her stomach swelled, and she nodded slightly at Sepirah's comment. It had been rough. She was more used to the life these days, as were to be expected, though she had the values and idealism of Hearg Njorth in the back of her consciousness. She had been successfully goaded into casting her thoughts about her life, and then further indulging her guest with information about herself. Though mistrustful and sharp, Sonje was still young and very naive. That and a full belly could serve as recipe for a loose tongue.

Rough is an understatement. Last time I've had a fresh doe like this was back in spring. Horseback's my life—was in a pack once, had family too. But things change and I just rode on. Sonje sighed, narrowing her eyes and then peering into the darkness with a blankness that suggested her mind lay elsewhere. She didn't know what it was about sharing, but it got her thinking about her choices in life, the paths she'd taken and where she could possibly be going. Why'd you leave Africa? she asked after a quiet moment, turning her pale eyes back to the dark woman.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread