It's not always so dark
[html]

Sonje by Sie!

Sonje wondered how she'd tamed the beast, eying the snake "necklace" with both wariness and interest. She'd once met a Snake Charmer, but this seemed different—Sepirah and her pet had a bond; it would probably bite someone if she willed it. She suddenly envied her, or wished that Jagga was a more dangerous companion. She was brought from her fantasy by her hunting partner's reasonable query about her choice to remain a loner. The wolfdog paused, as if considering whether or not she wanted to talk about it, but she couldn't see the harm in admitting why she'd chosen this life.

I was in a pack once... She tired to keep the bitterness from her tone, but she'd yet to perfect the art of containing her youthfully robust emotions. They didn't appreciate me. I wasn't allowed to be my best. So I left, and I decided that the only one I was going to be concerned about from then on, was myself. Sonje sighed, furrowing her brows as she stared blankly at the doe carcass beside them. She didn't like thinking about Hearg Njorth, and how great she could have been. How great she had wanted to be. She felt ashamed to be a loner, when it was in her nature to be a pack wolf.

But she'd never admit shame in a million years, or express regret for anything she'd ever done. Perhaps too proud, or too young. She looked up at Sepirah, nodding slightly as she spoke. Must be nice to have a family... I left my mother, father and brother with that god-forsaken pack she'd chosen. I've never really known anyone else, she added with a shrug, suddenly pushing up to her feet and motioning back the way they'd come. I need to get back to Jagga. She waited, wondering if Sepirah would return with her to the fire, or head on back to Inferni; and she glanced at the half-eaten corpse, not having a proper way to stow the meat herself, so she'd leave it for the scavengers.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread