You know you're not the only one
[html]
Okay this is close to the first one I think.

Itzal smiled when he saw how excited she was about the knife. He was happy he could at least give her something right now. And of course he planned on helping her out any way he could, surely he could be of use around the house or even getting her things she needed. For now that would give him something to do, to keep him busy. And it would keep him out of his own head.

Itzal sat down at the far end of the couch from her, "Well it should at least give you an advantage. Since the blade is so hard it can hold off other swords and knives. And the smaller knives are for you, they are throwing knives. I'm sure you probably don't have much experience with them, but I can teach you. Honestly you only have to get them close enough to make someone think twice about going after you." He stopped talking and looked around as she explained where he could sleep. His mind in was already working, as he looked at the front door and then around at the different doorways. If someone were to break into the house he would be the first person they would see. He started thinking about how the fight would play out, where there would be cover, the distance to the front door. It was how his mind worked, he was constantly ready for a fight or the possibility that he would have to defend himself. He thought about the couch upstairs and thought that one would be better, but he wasn't sure.

"So where do your other guest sleep?" He asked because he needed to know where others would be if he was going to sleep in the house. His lifestyle had made him careful and so far being careful kept him alive. He was looking around again when she decided to be nosey. He tensed up some when she asked him what he had done after he left Nova Scota. That wasn't exactly how she phrased it but what else could where'd you go? mean? He looked at her and smiled. He couldn't tell her the truth she wouldn't understand yet or maybe even ever. The only person who did understand only understood because she had meant her fair share of crazies and knew them. But Itzal didn't want to lie completely to this generous female who was opening up her home to him. So he just told a half-truth. "I just didn't think what I was looking for was here. So I left to hunt down an old flame. But the reunion turned out to be kind of unpleasant. So I just kind of wandered by myself for a while until I realized I was headed back this way and I just decided to come back. I guess maybe there is something for me here." He shrugged, "Kind of boring really." And it was to him. Killing was normal for him, it wasn't something that stood out in his life, so he could just shrug it off. He smiled at her and sighed, "So if there anything around here you could us help with?"

<style type="text/css">
.itziziti b {font-weight:bold; color:#c5807c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.itziziti p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.itziziti {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#3c0003; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/f1gps7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 272px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#995753; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.itziziti p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.itziziti p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread