Sanctuary
[html]

OOC: WC:

Alister’s gaze followed to the toppled statue, but returned quickly to the man’s face. His hand he kept on his sword hilt. “Huh, I would have never guessed.” He said sardonically. That much had been obvious, but the man’s words struck him as odd. The god he had said, as if he were a follower, himself. Alister knew the figure well enough from what he’d read in his books. This was the god of Joan of Arc. He revered him as an important part of his precious histories, but as far as worship, well, he wasn’t all that religious to begin with. Although he did harbor great respect for the divine being, he‘d considered no other. He was tempted to question the man about it, but now was not the time to ponder deities long dead.

He studied the man, just as the man studied him, hazel eyes turning to the woman as the other acknowledged her. She was indeed heavy with child, but the look she gave the other was curious. “This room is called a sanctuary, I think, you‘re both welcome to it.” He was about to suggest leaving when the woman finally spoke up. Her voice was commanding, catching the man off guard. It was not the tone of a lover, and he wondered if the woman was truly his mate as his words seemed to suggest. He moved aside so Asreal, as she called him, could reach the pit behind him.

“My lady,” he said, addressing her with a bow. “I have some blankets in my pack, you‘re more than welcome to them.” He removed his hand from his blade in order to untie the bundle atop his satchel. The blankets were patched and modest, but would serve her needs. He approached her carefully, constantly aware of her male companion, and set the blankets before her. He arranged them to the best of his ability, offering a hand to aid her should she need it. “Are the two of you heading somewhere?” He asked lightly, finding it odd that a woman so heavy with child would be fit to travel at all, unless they were meeting family. He could think of no other reason.

<style>
.goodies b {color:#fff; font-weight:normal;}
.goodies p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.goodies {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#A29D69; line-height:15px; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ISvAY.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#7C3D3D; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style> [/html]

Messages In This Thread